I use WordPress with qTranslate, but I needed to have multilingual META tags which qTranslate doesn’t support – so I wrote a plugin to do the job myself. It’s pretty basic, but I thought I would share in case anyone else needs something similar.
Plugin can be found on WordPress’ Plugin site here: qTranslate Meta at WP Plugin Directory.
For users of qTranslate META 0.9.1 and older, to make the plugin work on a “static” homepage you should change the title hook used from
qtranslate-meta.php, line 29). As of version 1.0.0, you can now set this directly from the plugin’s setting page, without having to edit any PHP code.
I’d like to thank the following people for their contributions (in chronological order):
- Victor Berchet — Help with initial localisation; French translation
- Benoit Gauthier — autosave bug fix
- Filippo Pisano — Italian translation
- Marcis G. — Belorussian translation
- Almaz — Russian translation
- Renate Kramer — German translation
- Rene — Dutch translation